Writing can be interesting until you have to write a term paper; typically, this gets most students riled up questioning their knowledge about the course. A term paper requires extensive research and should be well organized. What does a term paper contain? Many students still have this question; follow along with this article to find out more.
What is a Term Paper?
Is a term paper an essay? A term paper is more like a research paper required at the end of a term, and it is used for tracking and evaluating students' knowledge in a course. Due to its nature, it needs a lot of research done and well written and organized.
How Long is a Term Paper?
An average term paper for a college student should be between five to seven pages and at least 1500 words. Including two paragraphs on each page written like a typical essay. Should have a topic sentence supporting details transitions and examples. Term Paper Tips You usually get atopic selected for you in a particular course. However, if that is not the case, you could try checking the internet, reading magazines and articles to get more ideas. Ensure that the topic depicts your thoughts in the best way.
How do you write a term paper?
The following should be considered when selecting the proper term paper:
• Title: This is a plan title of your research. Make sure it's clear.
• Objectives: Your research outcomes should be clear in this part.
• Relevance and Importance: make sure to include recent articles, news, blogs, and social events that relay the significance of the topic make sure it's up to date and is captivating Term Paper Outline In your term paper, an outline can also act as a guide in your writing process. You need to arrange all the issues that you will need to discuss and the aim of the paper overall. Here is an outline that you can work with for your term paper:
• Introduction or purpose of the paper: This part includes making the problem and the thesis known to the reader.
• Body: This phase is divided into different headings and subheadings in connection with the topic.
• Heading 1: State the history of the problem. Include some past trials at solutions.
• Heading 2: Impacts of the problem, who was affected? The extent of the problem.
• Heading 3: Effects of the Problem.
• Heading 4: Solutions available in the future.
• Conclusion: Give a solid answer to the thesis by summing up the points made in the term paper.
Term Paper Structure
A term paper structure should be well organized and researched. Your writing skills should be impeccable in planning your ideas. The following is a term paper structure that can be observed in presenting your topic:
• Cover page: The text alignment that contains your name, registration number, course name, your teacher's name, and the due date in the middle of the page.
• Abstract: Normally less than a page, describing your work, the issues at hand, and why you chose the topic was interesting to you enough to write about.
• Introduction: Make it short, direct to the point, and combine the conclusion in a sneak peek. It should also include your thesis statement and begin with the topic in discussion. Explain the topic problem and how you plan to resolve the issue.
• Literature Review: This is about reviewing the literature used. Collect all the relevant information your supervisor is likely to countercheck every statement in this stage to account for credibility. The body is also in this stage where your main points should be included.
• Results: Explain reasons why your research makes you believe your argument. And give a reason why your view has changed. Tie it all up to your introduction.
• Discussion: Give a summary of the topic in question. Have an opening question to prompt your readers to have more conversation.
• Conclusion: This is a summary of content and purpose. Make it juicy, restate your thesis statement. You are posing a rhetorical question that makes your readers more curious and wanting more.
Sample of a Term Paper
Let’s find out what is a good term paper example? Here is an introduction of a model of a test paper submitted by Maria –Medved on Four Trends Revolutionizing the Hospitality Industry.
The technology world is constantly changing and proliferating. With these constant changes, it can be difficult for the hospitality industry to keep up. Therefore, it is exceptionally vital that hotels, restaurants, casinos, cruise ships, and other hospitality sectors pay close attention to revolutionizing technologies that will give their business a competitive advantage. The four leading technology trends revolutionizing and positively affecting the hospitality industry are virtual reservations, high-tech meeting and public spaces, catering to multiple mobile devices, and online reviews.
Types of a Term Paper
There are various types of term papers that you can consider while writing.
They are easy as you only need to give any information on a chosen topic. No room for second-guessing or analyzing. You provide facts from your research.
Compare and contrast papers
These can be used widely in various subjects. You might be given a paper to compare and contrast psychology, politics, or any other topic. Your work is to have a thesis and support it with information from two perspectives.
This one requires an overview of both directions of a contested issue, analyzes and present various aspects of each side of an argument, give present information and in the end, favor aside in an idea.
These are similar to argumentative essays /papers where you must give different viewpoints from different professionals. Argue from a factual point of analysis, not adding an opinion.
These papers give you enough room to express your opinion and critical thinking skills. Sometimes you can be required to discuss a piece of art. Here you can drive your focus in the techniques used by artists.
In conclusion, we hope you are familiar with writing a term paper, as Acemyhomework academic writing is our forte. We pride ourselves in our excellent and experienced writers who can assist you with tackling any writing work you may have.