100+ Compelling Persuasive Writing Prompts and Topics With Tips
A persuasive essay is one of the common types of papers that students write. A persuasive essay requires the writer to argue by convincing the reader why they chose the side and proving they are right. So, picking the most suitable persuasive writing prompts and topics determines how well you will argue your points.
What Are Good Persuasive Writing Topics?
The type of topic or field you choose to write about depends on how well conversant you are. For instance, if researching and writing about politics excites you, you should consider a topic on the same. Meanwhile, these are the best persuasive writing prompts and topics.
Staar Persuasive Writing Prompts High School
If you are in high school and are looking for the best topics to write about, this list provides the best prompts to explore:
- Should cell phones be used for academic purposes?
- Should college students wear uniforms?
- Should genetically modified foods be sold with a warning label?
- What is the social value of the death penalty in the United States?
- Why are most teen girls influenced by celebrities?
- Is it right to give extra incentives to students with good grades?
- Should students evaluate their teachers?
- Can someone overcome their fear?
- Who influences the teenager's behavior the most?
- Describe how all the arts have become commoditized.
Are you looking for persuasive writing prompts for middle school? If so, these are the options to consider:
- Should a college education be free?
- Should all students participate in arts?
- Is homeschool an effective way to learn?
- Should all students go to college?
- Should universities have pass or fail grades instead of letter grades?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of learning cursive in elementary school?
- Should schools teach abstinence-only education?
- Why should schools teach financial literacy?
- Should high school journalists be protected under the First Amendment?
- Should school cafeterias offer sodas?
If you are passionate about health, you could consider these topics. Some of them are excellent persuasive writing prompts for 5th grade.
- Should women get guaranteed maternity leave?
- Should fast food be "sin taxed" like cigarettes are?
- Should healthcare be universal?
- How do you feel about paternity leave?
- Should the use of vitamins and supplements be more tightly regulated?
- Should health insurance companies provide more financial incentives for subscribers to work out and eat more healthfully?
- What should be done to combat the high rates of opioid addiction in states like Ohio?
- What should be done to help ex-soldiers who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder?
- Many Americans are overweight. What has caused this health crisis, and what can be done about it?
- The state of California requires that you display nutrition facts about menu items in restaurants. Should all states adopt this measure?
If science excites you, these are the topics you could explore. Some could serve as persuasive writing prompts for 3rd graders.
- Do zoos help or harm animals?
- Should animals circuses be banned?
- What is the best way to reduce illegal poaching in Africa?
- Should people be prohibited from owning aggressive dog breeds?
- Is scientific testing on animals necessary?
- Should stem cells be used in medicine?
- Should scientists be allowed to clone humans?
- Should the government subsidize renewable forms of energy?
- Should euthanasia be legalized?
- Should nuclear power be banned?
Sports is another field that offers a wide array of topics to discuss, and they include:
- Should horse racing be banned?
- Should college athletes receive a salary?
- Should cheerleading be considered a sport?
- Do PE classes help students stay in shape?
- Should children younger than 18 be allowed to play tackle football?
- Should athletes who fail a drug test receive a lifetime ban from the sport?
- Are the costs of hosting an Olympic Games worth it?
- Should the NFL do more to prevent concussions in players?
- Why do some countries perform better in particular sports in the Olympics?
- How should Islamic women be encouraged to participate in sports?
If the government, politics and laws are your forte, you might want to discuss any of these topics:
- Will Brexit harm the UK?
- What is the government's responsibility in helping homeless people?
- Is national security more important than individual privacy?
- Should the US increase the number of refugees it allows into the country every year?
- Should privately-run prisons be abolished?
- Should the United States build a border wall with Mexico?
- Should the United States government reduce the military budget?
- How did China’s one-child policy impact the country?
- Should the electoral college be abolished in the USA?
- Should the minimum voting age be changed?
Technological advancements have been a subject of debate, and these are the topics you explore while doing so:
- Do violent video games encourage players to be violent in real life?
- Should social media be banned for children younger than a certain age?
- Does excessive social media use lead to depression?
- Does technology promote laziness in workplaces?
- Will technology end up increasing or decreasing inequality worldwide?
- Can online schools be as effective as traditional schools?
- Which 21st-century invention has had the largest impact on society?
- What should Facebook have done to protect the privacy of its users?
- Has the rise of translation technology made knowing multiple languages obsolete?
- Should facial recognition technology be banned?
Crime and Legal Persuasive Topics
If you are not about funny persuasive writing prompts and prefer topics that are informative and educative, these are the options you could consider:
- Can criminals be rehabilitated?
- Should gun laws be more restrictive?
- Do we have a right to privacy?
- Should there be restrictions on where and how you can use your drone?
- Should we have the death penalty?
- Should guns be allowed on college campuses?
- Is marijuana is a gateway drug that leads some users to harder drugs?
- What is your take on Colorado legalizing the use of marijuana for recreational purposes?
- What should be done to curb the high crime rate in Chicago?
- Should criminals charged with minor crimes be rehabilitated, or should they serve their full sentences?
The events in the past influenced the present and future. You could discuss them through any of these topics:
- What was the primary cause of the Rwandan genocide?
- Was disagreement over slavery the primary cause of the US Civil War?
- Was the US justified in dropping atomic bombs during WWII?
- Was King Arthur a mythical legend or actual Dark Ages king?
- What destroyed the USS Maine?
- What has caused the numerous disappearances in the Bermuda triangle?
- What happened to the settlers of the Roanoke colony?
- The impact of slavery in global economic development.
- The role of Hitler in the development of the Nazism ideology.
- Why should western museums repatriate artefacts to the countries of their origin?
Persuasive Writing Prompts for College Students
If you are a college student looking for compelling, persuasive essay prompts and topics, these are the options you could explore.
- How do international exchange programs shape students?
- Is wrestling is a dehumanizing sport?
- Can the older generation learn anything from today's generation?
- Did the feminist movement devalue motherhood?
- Should there be an age limit that teachers can teach?
- Should schools assign students countless academic papers?
- Is writing research papers better than sitting exams?
- How can reducing paper consumption can benefit nature?
- Should all college students get a chance to experience fraternity or sorority?
- Is taking a year from studies a good idea?
Persuasive Writing Tips
Persuasive writing involves swaying the reader emotionally and intellectually. These tips explain how to do so:
What are the 3 types of persuasive writing?
Aristotle divided persuasion into three pillars:
- Ethos: Ensure your arguments are credible.
- Logos: Ensure you are logical throughout your writing.
- Pathos: Ensure your writing appeals to the reader's emotions.
What are the 7 forms of persuasive writing? If you wish to find out more details about the forms of persuasive writing, reach out to AcemyHomework. We are a team of reliable and competent writers and tutors offering services on academic essays, assignments and research papers. Our terms and conditions are student-friendly. Our services are also affordable, and we handle short deadlines.